Skills Summary: Proficient in WordPress web design; social media management and analytics; photography with Canon 1DX DSLR cameras; Adobe Suite including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator; Photo Mechanic software; Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; and Google Software.
Public Relations and Journalism Experience
Account Executive – Mississippi State Public Relations and Integrated Media Agency Starkville, MS – (August 2019 – present)
- Account Executives are expected to work directly with the client and manage the account team to meet the client’s goals.
- They are responsible for overseeing the day-to-day execution of the account strategy, client service, and project management.
- In this role, Account Executives ensures quality control by editing and approving all deliverables before they are disseminated to clients. They manage and oversee account teams to ensure campaigns are delivered and service level agreements are met.
- They have a nurturing talent, are great at delegation, as well as good at supporting teams in all facets.
Student Athletic Photographer – Mississippi State Athletics – Starkville, MS (August 2016 – present)
- Photographs all 14 athletic teams on campus using Canon DSLR products.
- Edits photos and embedded metadata for archiving using Adobe Photoshop and Photo Mechanic.
- Athletic teams include Football, Women and Men’s Basketball, Baseball, Women and Men’s Golf, Women and Men’s Tennis, Track and Field, Cross Country, Women’s Soccer, Softball, & Volleyball.
- Under deadlines, gets photos edited and uploaded to HailState.com/Galleries.
- Distributes photos to local and national media outlets print and television.
Social Media Director – Mississippi State Public Relations and Integrated Media Agency Starkville, MS – (January 2019 – August 2019)
- Integrates campaigns to fit social media and monitors all activity on said media.
- Measures my campaigns by analytics, engagement, shares, followers, and many more parameters.
- Directly works with the client and manage the account team to meet the client’s goals.
- Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day execution of the account strategy, client service, and project management.
- I ensure quality control by editing and approving all deliverables before they are disseminated to clients.
Intern with WHNT News 19 – Huntsville, AL (May 2018 – August 2018)
- Supported producers with content creation.
- Assisted in the daily production of a fast-paced newscast. Tasks included writing scripts for live newscasts, creating graphic elements and assisting in story research. Assisted the Reporters/MMJs in story research, making phone calls, conducting interviews, logging interviews, writing stories, shooting and editing.
- Assisted editors with editing video.
- Assisted interactive team in story research and writing, used social media to gather information or share station content, and video publishing. Tasks also included conducting internet searches, scanning and reading multiple news sources, writing posts for station social media accounts, creating content for station’s website.
Intern with the Limestone County Commission Community Relations Coordinator – Athens, AL (September 2014-August 2016)
- Assist the Limestone County Community Relations Coordinator in implementing a comprehensive community relations program designed to promote Limestone County and the Limestone County Commission to its constituents.
- Design, write, create and distribute marketing materials, social media campaigns, official photographs, press releases, and reports.
- Interacts with civic organizations, community groups and associations, and media outlets as an official representative of the Limestone County Commission.
- Works closely with local media to ensure optimal coverage of events and news for Limestone County
Mississippi State University — Starkville, Mississippi (2016 – present)
- Bachelor of Arts with a major in Communication with an emphasis in Public Relations
- Excepted Graduation Date: May 1, 2020
Honors and Awards
- Dean’s List Spring and Fall 2017
- Bulldog Honor Roll Spring and Fall 2016, Spring and Fall 2017, Spring and Fall 2018, Spring 2019
- College of Arts and Sciences Ambassador
- Bulldog Honor Roll Spring and Fall 2016, Spring and Fall 2017, Spring and Fall 2018
- National Youth Achievement Award for American Cancer Society fundraising and promotions
- Residence Hall Association Council of Residential Experiences Publicity Chair
- Mississippi State University Student Association Freshman Council
- Mississippi State University Involvement Ambassadors
- Mississippi State University Dance Marathon
- Recognition for exemplary volunteer service to Athens Main Street – June 26, 2018
- Limestone County Bicentennial Committee
- Community Development Council – Limestone County Chamber of Commerce
- HLC Realty Social Media and Website
- Athens Main Street Promotions Committee
- Media Coordinator Limestone Music Festival
- Mississippi State University Department of Communication Golf Tournament Social Media
- Public Relations Student Society of America
- Public Relations Association of Mississippi
- Southern Public Relations Federation
Relevant Course Work
- Principles of Public Relations
- Public Relations Writing
- Public Relations Case Problems
- Public Relations Production
- Research in Public Relations & Advertising
- Journalism Ethics
- Voice and Articulation
- TV Production
- Mass Media Law
- Intro to Theatre
- Intro to Mass Media
- Intro to News Writing and Reporting